Today, there is an abundance of accredited schools online, which offer degree programmes, and there is no shame to that. The advent of technologies has made education increasingly easy, and to use a more corny turn of phrase – a rather tip-of-one’s-fingers affair. Yes, today you are one click away from rolling into an accredited school online and an additional click from selecting one of the many degree programs up on offer for you.
The latest offer by the Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) is intended at Nigerian nationals for the 2017/2018 academic year. There is a handful of benefits that are bestowed to anyone who applies for one of the degree programs offered in the country and then seek funding from the NNPC National Merit Scholarship which is handed out on yearly basis.
The award is quite generous, in fact. It offers N150,000 per student for the entirety of an academic year.
There are, naturally a handful of criteria that ought to be met before a student can boldly plunge into their studies.
- We will require you to be registered as a full time undergraduate students in an official Nigerian University
- You will need to be either a 100 or 200-level student, as per our qualification criteria
- You will need to have a SSCE certificate or a similar document
- When applying, you will need to produce a copy of your Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations results
- To avoid tomfoolery, you will also need to produce a copy of your admission letter for the university and matriculation number
- Lastly, students will be asked to have an A-level or an equivalent certification
There are a few caveats, and they are as follows:
- Students who have fared poorly and achieved UTME score of less than 200 need not apply
- Students who do not have higher than 2.50 CGPA score, out of 5 tops, need not apply
- Level 300 students and anyone higher than that need not apply
- If you are currently the recipient of a similar award you need not apply
While an accredited school online may offer some comfort, nothing quite compares to studying at a good university on site.
The deadline is set for October 31, 2017. Selection tests are slated for December 2,2017 and they will be carried out at centres across the country made known only to successful candidates. Use this link to apply.